Saturday, December 10, 2016

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAMINATION 2016 [PART 1]: My experience (1 of 2)

So, Finally after a long pause here comes another article. This one's about my experience related to the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2016. So here it goes...

So, after a strenuous 3 months time, the day came, the day that we'd been preparing for for the last 3 months - 7th August 2016. It was Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2016 and I already had a very debilitating experience of the previous attempt and I did not want to lose it this time. So, with all the faith on my hard work I took the test and "luckily" cleared the first stage of the examination. I felt as if I had accomplished a gargantuan task. But more was to come. A more dreaded stage. You fall here and you reach level zero. If successful there's another stage that can take you back to square one. I don't know how this stage will turn out to be - Positive or Negative, you'll get to know in the second part. But let me share my experience of writing the first main examination of the so called "most prestigious" exams of not just India but apparently the "world".

Ok, so I went back home after prelims to take a break from my preparation for a week or two and returned back to Delhi after celebrating Raksha Bandhan. Though there were many speculations about the cut-off of the preliminary examination and I was on the edge according to some speculated cut-offs still I thought not to stop because you never know what destiny has in store for you. I started preparing for the next stage but fell ill within two days of returning to Delhi and though I tried hard but couldn't study for a week. Alas, when I recovered September had just set in and I became a little nervous about my capability that I already had wasted almost a month. Just 3 more months to go. However, the lesson that I got from this experience was that staying fit was all the more important. So, I went for a walk whenever I felt exhausted after studying or whenever I got time. Though I wanted to go for jogging, I went only for a walk, fearing that the problem of tendon inflammation  (tendinitis) may erupt again. This problem had already bothered me in college and again in 2015.

Things were going on at snail's pace partly due to the uncertainty of clearing the preliminary examination and partly due to the notion of having wasted a month. Pressure was building up. Lots and lots of material piling up, finding a place only in my bucket list. The results of test series weren't very encouraging either. And then came the doomsday - September 16, 2016 when Prelims results were declared. However, the tension ended with a surprising felicity. This boosted my confidence.

I cancelled the tickets that I had booked for visiting home on Diwali and joined a reading room so that I could prepare better. I started to giving myself doses of boost every now and then to achieve maximum output. But this worked only until the first week of October. And then something happened which hindered my preparation once again and this time not for a week but for complete 20 days.

To be Continued....

NEXT:

1. CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAMINATION 2016 [PART 1]: My experience (2 of 2) 

No comments:

Post a Comment