Saturday, October 20, 2018

Manipur... India's natural treasure unravelled

Finally, after the hectic mains examination i got a chance to visit Manipur, the place where my brother is posted and let me tell you it is nothing less than heaven. Though when I reached it was raining, still I managed to visit some places. And a small 3 day trip combined with early mornings and me getting up late with sun setting early coupled with rain gave me a time less enough to explore Manipur. However, I enjoyed every bit of it. Here are some of the photos of the places I visited and the food that I had there.



The one in the above picture is the Loktak Lake famous for phumdis grasses which make the Keibul Lamjao National Park on it, the only floating national park of the world. You can literally walk on these grasses.

This is the Bora (pakodas) and Chapori (tea) that we had at a small spot on one the phumdis.


Artefacts by Manipur craftsmen

There are more photos to come... there's more to story... Probably a video in the next post. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment